Monday, July 9, 2012

Save the Angel Oak

Hey y'all,

   I have been following this website http://www.savetheangeloak.org/ for the past 2 months. I adore the Angel oak tree, it has a special place in my heart. And to think that someone wants to build around it, and destroy it's 1500 yr old root system just breaks my heart. Why would you do that? This beautiful, majestic tree has survived for over 1500 yrs, hurricanes, people, disease, earth quakes,wars,  and who knows what else! It makes me cry to hear someone say, it's just a tree. No, the angel oak is more than just some tree, it's a living, and sometimes I think maybe even breathing icon. And maybe I sound silly, but until you have been to see it in person, you won't understand how I feel, and how the locals feel. We have to save this tree! It could out live all of us, it could be there for 1500 more years, if we let it!! Save the Angel Oak, spread the word!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment